Wednesday, February 13, 2008

New Year New Beginnings

So here we are, new year, new hoopla, new promises, new resolutions but same old' person. I broke all last year's resolution and I have so far failed to meet this year's only resolution. Surely New Year resolutions are not for me. I'm pretty good at doing…well…nothing. This is the year that has so much promise for a lot of people (according to all news channels) but it's already turning sour for me.

Man United are crap, the republicans are getting back into the white house cause Barrack Hussein Obama has convinced the Dems to vote for hope (there's no such thing in politics) rather than substance, and my car is asking for a lot of money than I'm willing to offer. The pot holes in Kampala are growing faster than Mitsubishi (my Car maker) can manufacture and ship out shock absorbers. My work place (won't reveal where.) isn't interested in raising my salary but they'd be pretty pissed if my output reflected my salary. Things can't get worse….or can they?

Tomorrow is that dreaded day (Valentine's Day). The only thing worse than going out on a valentines date (with your wife, husband, GF, BF, mistress, booty call, one night stand etc) is not going out at all. Let's face it, you'd rather be out dressed ridiculously (red is a bad colour for men), holding flowers, lying your ass off, promising heaven than staying at home. Don't kid yourself. All boys/girls nights out don't make up for it because you know you won't get 'any' at the end of the night. The only consolation is that your account will still read the same on Friday. That sucks though on a cold night (which every night is in Kampala right now)

Okay enough already. This is my first blog for 8 months.

No comments: